Tuesday, 4 September 2012

TASK 1 research and develop ideas


Volcanoes/earthquakes

Examples of recent natural disasters
and what may cause them






Hurricanes/Typhoons/cyclones


compare volcanoes to avalanches
volcanoes happen by magma from the centre of the earth where as avalanches come from snow falling from mountains


                Avalanches and landslides
these disasters are caused by winds moving at high
velocity they can go as fast as 182 miles per hour in speed                      


Tsunamis and Floods 

















  ARTIST Analysis 
Gordon Reid I chose this piece because I like the way how he uses a range of textures and colours. This works well With the simple background. The use of bold colours increases the interest of the viewer for example his colour scheme was as simple as bright colours as well  the way how the triangles make  it seems like you are going through a portal and the use of the colour less triangles seems like your passing through it. the texture that i like is the way that the triangles a set of sunglasses

 Mel Marcello
 I chose this piece because I like the way how the use of colour can attract so much attention by the way how colours are every where and it looks like its in space by the way it has planets and a astronaut in the background and it has a wavy sort of texture to it.also the colour scheme gives it a interesting look to it
for example i like the grid that looks like its from the satalite
  
 Steve McGhee
I like this piece cause it seems realistic and well manipulated 
the parts that make me like the is the way how where the wings of the plane crashes the buildings.but the angle of the aeroplane seems like it bounced off the ground. the smoke makes the image have more texture.

Andrew Gardner

 I liked this piece because the floods texture is dark; and the water on the cars has a splash texture. it uses an oblique colour scheme this makes it stand out more so it shows that it is more catastrophic.I might use a similar technique as inspiration






















Chosen Disaster
I have chosen to do a volcano as my idea because it looks like it has the most potential for a good image.

my IDEA
i intent to use a volcano to make  someone to stone and have a city / town on fire from the lavaahnd have the lava flow down towards the village to create the fire

1 comment:

  1. This is really good, I also really enjoy the work of steve and this is really in depth and good but In some parts I would add abit more :)

    ReplyDelete